Casino Streaming - A Beginner’s Guide
Casino streams have been around for a while now. The trend first started around 2014 - 2015 with online poker players streaming their sessions.
However, over the past few years, the idea has spread to casino streaming of video slots, roulette, blackjack, and baccarat, among other games.
Twitch and YouTube are the primary platforms most streamers use. On Twitch alone, the casino category has nearly 500,000 followers (at the time of writing), and the top streamers attract thousands of viewers to their casino streaming sessions.
This guide will take you through the basics of how to stream casino games. Plus, we’ll share with you some expert tips to help you establish your channel and grow your audience.
How to get started streaming casino games
To set up a channel and start casino streaming doesn’t take much effort. The hard word is becoming a successful streamer; however, one step at a time. Let’s first go through what you need to get started.
Device Requirements & Internet Capability
The first thing you need for streaming is a computer that is fit for this task. The user experience is crucial for you to attract and keep viewers. If your streams are glitchy, and there is too much lag, people will soon look for other channels.
It is recommended that your device has a minimum 8gb of RAM with a sturdy multi-core processor. Furthermore, you will need:
- A webcam, such as a Logitech C270. You can start without a camera, but a large part of the appeal of casino streams is that the viewers can see your face. Therefore, a webcam is something you want to invest in.
- If you are serious about streaming, a USB microphone will greatly assist you. It is possible to make do with a standard headset mic. However, when you have the capital, a Blue Yeti microphone is a worthwhile investment.
At first, you can get up and running with just one monitor, but most time-served casino streamers will use two or three. Multiple monitors allow you to dedicate one screen solely for the slots you are playing. A second monitor is used for your chat windows and important data from your OBS streaming software.
Next, you need to have a fast and reliable internet connection. To stream in 720p resolution, 5 Mbit upload speed is necessary. It’s possible to reduce the frame settings in your OBS, but that might diminish the user experience, which you don’t want to do.
Get a Twitch Account
Twitch is the dominant streaming platform for casino games, so you need to create an account with this site. Having a YouTube account is also worthwhile because you can share both your live streams and recorded sessions on there. However, we have heard reports that some live casino streams have been taken down by YouTube in the past, so this is something to be aware of.
In regards to your Twitch account, you need to pick a unique username. This is part of branding your product, so give this serious thought beforehand. Once your Twitch account is set up, you must log in; then go to the dashboard, and click the ‘Stream Key’ link. You cannot stream on this platform with this key.
Naturally, you need an online casino account. If you’re looking to become a WeSpin streamer, then you must join ComeOn! (if you haven’t done so already).
To share your casino sessions on Twitch (or any other streaming platform), you need to download and install Open Broadcaster Software, or OBS for short. Configuring the settings for this is the most technically challenging aspect of streaming. However, we offer a step-by-step guide as part of our OBS review.
Lastly, if you want your casino stream to run simultaneously on both Twitch and YouTube, then you need to set up an account with Restream.io. This is a free-to-use multi-streaming platform which effectively duplicates your content so that it can be sent to several other channels in real-time.
Casino Streaming Tips and Advice
With all the hardware and software set-up, you are now ready to begin your adventure. Building a successful streaming channel takes dedication. Here are some pro tips to help get you off on the right foot.
- Create a schedule: Decide how often you are going to stream and stick to it. There is no golden rule here. Some streamers are live every day, whereas others only do one session a week. Regardless of your frequency, the timing needs to be regular, so your audience will know when to expect you.
- Set a budget: Streaming slots, particularly if you are playing multiple games, can be an expensive pastime. It’s imperative that you don’t spend more than you can afford to lose. Take advantage of casino bonuses to boost your bankroll. However, do not play with fake money (demo/practice mode). Your viewers are tuning in to see you gamble. If you’re found to be playing demo games, that will most likely be the end of your casino streaming career.
- Interact with your viewers: Be yourself and have fun, but also converse with your viewers throughout your sessions. Let them choose some of the games which they would like to see played. One drawback is that you will come across a few trolls - especially on YouTube. Don’t interact with these people. They are only there to cause trouble and get a reaction for you. Having some moderators will help to keep the trolls at bay. This is something to consider as your channel grows.
- Prize Giveaways: All of the top casino streaming channels have regular raffles and other prize giveaways. At first, you’ll have to fund these promotions yourself, which is another expense to add to the list.
- Thank new followers: Show each follower that you appreciate them by giving a shout out. After all, your channel is nothing without them. Furthermore, always, and we mean always, give a special mention to anyone who makes a donation.
Final Thoughts on Streaming Casino Games
Casino streams make playing online slots a more sociable experience, and it can be financially rewarding too if you build a successful channel. However, this will not happen overnight. It can take several months to build up a loyal following, so you need to be patient.
Before jumping in and trying it for yourself, we suggest researching other casino channels on Twitch. Observe to find out what these streamers are doing that makes them successful. Learn how they communicate with their audience and how long their streams run for. Also, bet sizing is important. By viewing several streamers, you can calculate the size of the bankroll you will need.